Requirements for uploading a photo
To guarantee successful verification, please make sure that photos of your meet the following requirements:
- The uploaded file is an original photo (static image) or scan (not a screenshot or a photo uploaded from social networks) in JPG, JPEG, PNG, PDF, MP4, WEBM, MOV, M4V.
- The photo has been taken today.
- The size of the uploaded file is no less than 100 KB or 300 DPI.
- The photo is in color.
- The information in the document is readable.
- All the corners of the document are visible and no foreign objects or graphic elements are present.
- The document is valid.
- The uploaded photo has not been edited with any graphics software or converted to PDF.
ID Document Requirements
- If the document has two sides photos of both sides are uploaded.
- The document is valid for at least one month from the upload date.
- The document isn’t scratched, stained or torn.
- The user’s full name, date of birth, MRZ, and other important information is present and can be read.
Note: The POA requirements are only required if Securitize Support has requested the information.
- The document must be issued within the past three months, with the issue date visible. The issue date must be visible.
- The document isn’t scratched, stained, or torn.
- The user’s full name, date of birth, signature, and other important information is present and can be read.
- The document is issued by an official authority.
Common Issues With Document Photos
The following list provides solutions for the most common document denials.
|Watermarks||Make sure you aren't using any third-party camera apps that leave a watermark on the photos.|
Place your document on a flat surface and hold your mobile phone in parallel with the surface when photographing the document.
If you're using a laptop or a desktop webcam, make sure that your elbow is in firm contact with the table while holding your document in hand.
Don't position your camera too close to the ID document.
To ensure that your camera is in focus, try tapping the screen of your mobile phone to force-focus on a specific object.
|Glare||Avoid photographing your ID document under direct light, especially if your ID document has a light-reflecting surface.|
|Missing info||Photograph your document on a flat surface making sure the serial number, hologram, photo, MRZ, etc. are clearly visible (this may require slightly tilting your ID).|
|Foreign objects/persons||Make sure that no one else is visible or partly visible in the photo and that you are not covering any of the data with your fingers.|
|Graphics software signs||Do not edit the photos.|
|Poor quality||Use a high-resolution camera and don’t resize the file before uploading it.|