This section is designed to provide further details on data protection. Some personally identifiable information (PII) is retained for regulatory reasons. Let’s review the most frequently asked questions about data protection.
- What data does Securitize retain?
- Securitize retains PII such as name, email address, and phone number for regulatory purposes.
- How is Personally Identifiable Information protected?
- Securitize encrypts all PII across our system. PII at rest is protected using military-grade encryption standards like SHA256-RSA and remains protected in-transit using enterprise SSL and TLS certificates. Securitize does not store PII on the blockchain, so personal data remains private and secure off-chain.
- How do investors know that their data is secure?
- Securitize performs audits twice a year covering our entire end-to-end platform, including Securitize iD, which manages PII.